DCA's Commander Supervisor unlocks the potential of DiscTag XML metadata by providing a tool that can search & retrieve title histories, import & export metadata between locations, setup rule-based automatic archives, and allow plant managers to set expiration dates for old versions of titles.
At its' core, Supervisor is actually two separate applications. The first is a server-based component that resides on your DiscTag metadata store and serves as an automatically updating index of all your plant's metadata. The second is the Supervisor Client, which can reside on any Windows XP/Vista computer that has access to your metadata store.
The Supervisor client allows for two modes of use; either Administrator or User mode. Only Administrators are granted permission to change Archive settings or Delete titles.
Within the Title Manager client, operators can choose from several views and operations, including:
- Metadata Search: find a title by searching any metadata tag or simply by inserting a replica.
- Title/Server View: for easier viewing of the titles on your mastering server, listed using their associated metadata.
- History Report View: view and print the complete XML metadata history for a specific title.
- Expiration: prevent mastering or verification for out-of-date titles.
- Metadata Sync: import or export metadata for specific titles, either locally or to a Commander Archiver system.
- AutoArchive: set rules to automatically archive & clean titles from your server, depending on criteria, such as 30 days after successful verification of a replica.
- Restore Titles: send online titles back to Viper for an HCRC check and setup for re-mastering.
Contact us to learn more about Commander Supervisor.