Viper is DCA's next-generation pre-mastering product for CD, DVD and Blu-ray
Viper expands on advances made in the last couple years with simplified operation and increased connectivity.
For simplicity, Viper's user interface allows a user to build a job on the fly by selecting source, target, and operation(s) to be performed.
- RESULT: Fewer types of jobs (for example, you do not have to create jobs for "transfer from A to B", and "transfer B to A"), fewer options, and fewer configuration errors. In addition, your operators need only come in with a stack of media to load, and the output location and run all their jobs without worrying whether they selected the correct options.
For increased connectivity, at loading Viper inserts a unique DiscTag into the disc image (stored with the disc metadata on DCA's DiscTag Server), calculates an HCRC value and saves the metadata.
For verification, upon disc insertion, Viper locates the DiscTag, looks up the metadata from the DiscTag Server, which includes HCRC values, and automatically matches the layers (against mis-bonding) and verifies image integrity (against any formatting/modulation/stamping errors).
- RESULT: By using information entered at the time the image came into the plant to populate the user interface and reports you avoid data entry issues at runtime and fewer mislabeled/misidentified media.
- Is DiscTag Enabled.
- Offers complete integration with Commander Archiver and Commander Scheduler.
- Can optionally complete AACS or CSS encryption in-line during a Load job.
- Offers a completely redesigned Analysis engine providing rules for DDP/BDCMF, Lead-In Content, File System, Video and Copy Protection.
- Repairs common Authoring and XML errors on media during Load.
- Is compatible with all forms of DDP & CMF, including BDCMF for high definition formats.
- Supports most currently available drives for all formats (anything that is MMC5 compatible).
- Takes advantage of user-configurable error handling that allows the administrator to set which failed rules will be fatal, warnings, or ignores, as well as set how many errors you want before a job is aborted.
Viper can be purchased in three configurations: Viper Load only (for transfer & analysis), Viper Verify (for HCRC verification) and Viper Pro (containing both load and verify in a single application, as well as a standalone Analysis and DiscTag Enable job).
Additionally, Viper can be utilized with any of the Viper Tools utilities for additional functionality, including DDP to MP3 conversion, DLT tape creation and DDP/CD-Text editing.
See the Qualified Drives for Viper